Wednesday, May 29, 2013

29 years and counting...

 
I have a sweet friend in East Texas...
She and I have known each other since we were 19 yrs young.
She is as bright as sunshine.

 
The mama of three of her own
 but make no mistake -
She has mama'd a lot more...

 
Sew...I am making her some love for her birthday this year...
and sending it all the way from my hometown of
Sugar Land.

 
 
In the past 29 years...
We have welcomed each other's little babies,
weathered profound losses,
and cared for aging parents.
but we have also...
 
ROCKED 
swimsuits in her backyard
and shocked pizza delivery guys too!
(shhhh....don't tell!)
 
It sure has gone by fast.
and now...
 
GRANDBABIES!!!!
(She has 8 9 no less!...I think...?)
 
I could never tell you here what she has meant to me.
But she knows.



Sew...each piece is enveloped in memories
and my stitches are wrapped in prayer
for 29 MORE years
with my sweet friend...
 


 
Now, until it arrives...
I hope you aren't sitting on too many....
 
hehehehe


 
I love you Carrie.
Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

  1. Such a sweet sentiment. Your friend will feel very cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me encantan esas telas!!!!
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to be gorgeous malorgeous. You are one very special friend.

    ReplyDelete

A few years back...3 maybe?

 A little over 3 years ago, our little quilt shop grew up. We moved to a larger space and hired more employees. So much has happened in thos...